Monday, September 13, 2010

Alternative Jobs and Criminals

Well, it's another Monday, and I am working while watching Criminal Intent.

How is that possible, you ask, puzzled expression on your face. People go to work to work.

Well not me!

After applying and applying and hearing nothing from one too many jobs, I decided I would have to make my own opportunities, and have done so. I'm opening my own business that will include, initially, an e-newsletter (subscriptions are ten dollars a year), a blog, and training materials for child care centers. I set today as my first day of work, and I did so. I worked. I began my blog, posted it on facebook, sent notices to some of my friends, and can't wait to see what happens.

Ironically, after making the decision to start my own business, I got a call the other day for an interview to adjunct at the local community college. Hopefully that will pan out well for me. I have been surprised by how much I truly miss teaching in a college setting. As much as I miss working with young children, I almost think I miss working with college students more.

Obviously, I didn't choose this so I could stay at home and watch Criminal Intent. But it's been a rough weekend, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't glad to be able to work at my own speed while watching my own eye candy.

My son has had a rough couple of weeks, and is struggling with the transition of our move. Heck, I'm struggling with it too. I was thrilled, though, when he came home on Friday and announced he really likes his new school. It was what I thought would happen, and what I believed would happen...but hearing it from his mouth made it worthwhile.

Well, if you're reading this blog and you want to check out the new one, feel free. You can find it at www.jumpingbeankids.blogspot.com. Hopefully it will be my opportunity to affect my little corner of the world in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment